10 Questions for Rhonda Marie plus a random one…
1. Last Looks was released on January 7th and has gotten a lot of views. How exciting is that?
Last Looks first made its debut in New York this past September for Urbanworld Film Festival. We currently have a little over 18,000 views. I am super excited about the response so far!
2. What did your production do on the movie?
The name of my company is Forever Golden Films and we partnered with the other producers to raise the funds to shoot LL in New Orleans
3. How did you get involved with Issa Rae and this movie?
Our director Cierra Glaude was contacted by Issa’s team about featuring our short on her youtube channel.
4. Are you working on any other projects with her?
Not yet, but I am hoping we will be able to make something amazing happen in the future.
5. How excited were you when you saw, Forever Goldie Belle at the end of the movie?
Very excited about it because both of my companies are represented on a project that means so much to me. Goldie Belle is my talent management company and Forever Golden Films is my production company.
6. What other projects are you working on?
I just wrapped a short film in December 2017 called “January Love” another true story that was filmed outside of Atlanta, GA. I am also the Associate Producer for a new docu-series for The Word Network named “The Journey” with ex NFL player Lamarr Woodley. I am also slated to co-produce 2 commercials for Cole Patterson and her skincare line for men- Cole Skincare for Men.
7. You also work on the show, ‘Queen Sugar’, what has that experience been like?
Amazing! We are a family on that show. I actually love going to work everyday, it’s like I get to hang out with my cousins, brothers and sisters doing what we all love to do. It really is a beautiful experience and I can’t wait to start season 3.
8. Were you able to use any of the skills from ‘Queen Sugar’ on the set of ‘Last Looks’? Yes! On the set of QS I am Rutina Wesley’s standin (Nova Bordelon) but I watch and study the producers, writers and director for each episode. We have some of the best in the business on our show so I take full advantage to learn something new every time I come to set. Forever Golden Films is an all female company so for me to be a part of a show with strong female leaders led by Ava Duvernay and Oprah Winfrey is a dream come true.
9. You have been in Hollywood for a while now, what is one thing people don’t get about being a black actress in Hollywood?
People do not get that in order for you to make it, you can not limit yourself to just getting in front of the camera, but as a black actress you need to learn all of the roles behind the camera in order to have a successful career.
10. Is there a certain actor or actress that you would love to work with next? I have worked with some amazing actors, but I have always admired Will Smith’s work ethic, so I would love to work with him one day. And I am fascinated with Viola Davis, so hopefully I will be able to work with her as well.
What is the craziest thing you’ve seen in LA or Atlanta?
Yikes, I can’t think of one thing. Great Question!!!
The short film, Last Looks.